Friday, November 18, 2011

Endings - A Final Coconut Pineapple Power Ball

With the end of the cross-country season this weekend, the end of Power Balls is imminent. Per a special request for Power Balls for my alma mater, I had one last chance opportunity to support the Blue Jays (note: not blue devils) as both the women and men (for the first time!) head off to Wisconsin for their championship race. So good luck tomorrow Blue Jays! I hope these Power Balls help you finish well! I'll be cheering from you from afar!

Laura's Coconut Pineapple Power Balls

Mix Dry Ingredients:
5 c. Oats
0.5 c. Flaxseed Meal
1 c. Wheat Bran
0.5 c. White Rice Flour
1.5 c. Coconut
5 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder

Mix Wet Ingredients:
3 Egg Whites
1 tsp Vanilla
1 20oz can Crushed Pineapple
0.5 c. Orange Juice
0.5 c. Water

Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients.

Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 325F for 10 minutes.

Makes Approximately 98 Power Balls.

Nutritional Facts Per Power Ball: (4 Power Balls Per Serving)
41.56 Calories
9.13 Calories from Fat
1.19g Protein*
1.08g Total Fat
0.53g Saturated Fat
7.03g Carbs
0.06mg Cholesterol

*I used a new kind of protein powder since I ran out of my previous kind and either this one has significantly less protein than the other brand or I may have miscalculated all my previous protein amounts. I'm hoping for the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment