Thursday, September 22, 2011

Delays - Peanut Butter Chocolate Power Balls

With medical school applications taking over the majority of my free time and sucking up my creative writing motivation, I'll apologize in advance for the possible delays and shorter posts on my Power Ball creations. But don't worry, they're still in production!! This recipe was way too dry - perhaps because I hadn't been to the grocery store in a few days and didn't have any eggs for egg whites nor Greek yogurt - so next time I'll have to modify that. The flavor definitely came through though, so that was one saving quality to the otherwise more sawdust-like consistency. This recipe also lacked in some other qualities too, so overall I'd say it wasn't my greatest concoction. 

Here's the recipe, but if you make it, I'd add 2 egg whites and some honey Greek yogurt to the dry ingredients to moisten things up some and boost the nutritional facts.

Laura's Peanut Butter Chocolate Power Balls

Mix Together Dry Ingredients:
1 c. Rice Bitz (chopped)
3 c. Oats (chopped)
3 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
0.5 c. Cocoa Powder
0.25 c. Flaxseed Meal
0.5 c. Wheat Bran
0.5 c. Brown Rice Flour

Mix Together Wet Ingredients:
0.5 c. Peanut Butter
0.5 c. Grapefruit Juice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
6 tbsp Applesauce
*Note should add 2 egg whites and 6oz honey Greek yogurt here.

Mix Wet and Dry Ingredients.

Drop by rounded balls onto greased cookie sheets. 

Bake at 325F for 8-10 minutes.

Makes approximately 70 balls.

Nutrition Facts Per Ball: (Serving Size 3-4 Balls)
40.32 Calories
13.36 Calories from Fat
2.19g Protein
1.51g Total Fat
0.27g Saturated Fat
5.18g Carbs
2.79mg Cholesterol

No comments:

Post a Comment